Community Harvest Ontario Field Coordinator
The London Food Bank, in conjunction with the Ontario Association of Food Banks (OAFB), is seeking an organized, passionate, and outgoing individual to join the Community Harvest Ontario team in the position of Field Coordinator. The 24 week contract position is the local component of a provincial initiative that will aim to bring fresh, healthy food to food banks in Ontario.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Community Harvest Field Coordinator is primarily responsible for coordinating local farm and volunteer activities related to the provincial Community Harvest Ontario program.
This year, the London Food Bank and the Ontario Association of Food Banks will launch an innovative program to source fresh fruit and vegetables for our neighbours facing hunger entitled “Community Harvest Ontario” (CHO). By engaging hundreds of volunteers through agricultural partnership projects such as gleaning and harvesting, the program will generate thousands of pounds of locally grown fresh healthy food.
This position is based out of the London Food Bank and will require some travel within the region.
The Community Harvest Field Coordinator is responsible for the following organizational activities and deliverables:
• recruiting local farms for participation in growing or gleaning programs;QUALIFICATIONS
• coordinating local activities related to the Community Harvest program;
• training and orienting Community Harvest volunteers at participating farm sites;
• recruiting scheduling individual volunteers for related projects; and
• documenting volunteer days and experiences through photography and writing.
• organizational skills;SALARY & TERM
• knowledge of agriculture and/or local foods;
• public speaking and writing skills;
• volunteer coordination skills;
• experience in social media or web development considered an asset;
• ability to work independently and in a team environment;
• ability to multitask; and
• a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
This is a seasonal 24 week contract position with the possibility of renewal on a yearly basis. The salary for the position is $18/hr at 35 hrs/wk.
HOW TO APPLY
If you have experience that aligns with these responsibilities and qualifications, and you are excited to work as a part of a creative team, please send your resume with a cover letter by Friday, April 23rd at noon via e-mail to:
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.