The MNR says that it has incorporated the following recommendations received during the consultation period into the guidelines:
- Enhanced protection for bat hibernacula habitat has been provided by increasing the significant wildlife habitat designation associated with hibernacula from 200m to 1000m.
- Methodologies related to significant bat maternity roosts/colonies have been revised and coordinated with Ecological Land Classification.
- Monitoring methods for evaluating bat significant wildlife habitat and post-construction mortality monitoring have been revised to reflect public/industry comments and scientific recommendations.
- Data submission procedures related to the Wind Energy Bird and Bat Monitoring Database has been detailed.
- Ecological Effectiveness Monitoring Plan information requirements have been updated to reflect the Ministry of the Environment’s Renewable Energy Approval Regulation amendments of January 2011.