Title: Proposed Amendments to the Municipal Engineers Association’s Municipal Class Environmental Assessment
Ministry: Ministry of the Environment
Date Information Notice loaded to the Registry: January 11, 2011
The Municipal Engineers Association has submitted changes to its Municipal Class Environmental Assessment, which comprise three main components:
- Enhancement and clarification to the Integration Provisions for improved efficiencies and ease of use.
- Revised project schedule definitions.
- Other housekeeping amendments.
By combining environmental assessment and land use planning requirements into a single process, proponents of municipal projects can streamline their efforts and more effectively meet legislative requirements. Clarification of the integration provisions are being proposed to ensure that the provisions are understandable and can be used effectively by project proponents.
The Municipal Engineers Association’s proposed amendments regarding the integration provisions of the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment Class Environmental Assessment are a result of solutions developed as part of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade’s Ontario’s Open for Business round table with the Building Industry and Land Development Association (BILD).
Modifications to the project Schedule definitions have been proposed based on consultation with project proponents and ongoing process monitoring by MOE and the Municipal Engineers Association. The key changes include:
- Modifications for 40 year old structures.
- Local projects redefined as Schedule A.
- Minor projects with follow up approvals redefined as Schedule A+.
Consultation and monitoring also identified the need for minor amendments to some definitions.
This notice will be updated as new information becomes available.
The purpose of this notice is to:
- advise the public that the Municipal Engineers Association (proponent) has submitted to the MOE its proposed amendments; and,
- provide and inform the public of the opportunity to submit comments on these amendments.
Mr. Jeffrey Dea
Ministry of the Environment
Environmental Assessment and Approvals Branch
Project Coordination Section
2 St. Clair Avenue West, Floor 12A
Toronto ON M4V 1L5
Additional Locations with Additional Information:
You may view the Municipal Engineers Association’s submission containing the full text of the proposed amendments at:
In person at the Environmental Assessment and Approvals Branch at:
2 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, ON M4V1L5